As content marketing continues to rise to prominence, business owners around the world are being forced to pay attention. While you may have been able to ignore it five or seven years ago, there’s no denying the value of quality internet content in 2015 and beyond. However, most business owners don’t have the time to sit down and write consistent, high-quality content week in and week out. Well, the good news is that there’s an incredibly effective solution to this pervasive problem.
Hire a Ghostwriter
Most people have a pretty skewed image of the ghostwriting profession. They either think you have to be a famous celebrity to use a ghostwriter, or they question the legality of it. Well, you certainly don’t have to be a celebrity to use the services of a ghostwriter. In fact, a large percentage of the content you see published on the Internet is actually ghostwritten by someone outside of the organization. Small brands and Fortune 500 companies alike rely on these services on a daily basis.
As far as the legality of it, there’s nothing to worry about, either. Ghostwriters are paid for their work and sign over the content’s rights to the business – giving them total control over the publishing, editing and redistribution.
If you’ve never considered hiring a business ghostwriter to compliment your existing marketing efforts, now’s the time. Do your homework and find a writer that can help push your business in the right direction. Here are five reasons you should do so:
- Enhanced brand image. When you use a ghostwriter, you’re able to increase the amount of content you produce, and thereby, enhance your brand image. More content equals more visibility, which ultimately results in more traffic and increased conversions. That right there is reason enough to hire a business ghostwriter.
- More productivity. When you hire a ghostwriter, you’re able to maximize productivity within your company. You no longer have to delegate writing responsibilities to employees who could be using their time better. You also don’t have to waste precious hours of your own week coming up with new ideas. A ghostwriter can pitch and write quality content for your business, allowing everyone to do what they do best.
- Better quality work. Let’s be honest, you’re a business owner, not a writer. And while you probably write well enough to get by, the fact of the matter is your brand deserves a professional writer. You wouldn’t throw just anyone into the role of accountant would you? Well, then, why are you using non-writers to write your brand’s most visible content? Hiring a ghostwriter allows you to keep the same brand visibility, while leveraging higher quality work.
- Quicker turnarounds. Have you ever had an idea for a blog or news article, but just can’t seem to get it written and published quickly enough for it to be relevant? Well, with a ghostwriter you can drastically improve turnarounds. For the right price, you may even be able to have a piece pitched, written and published in a matter of hours. That’s invaluable when you’re trying to beat out the competition and establish your brand as a thought leader in your industry.
- Cost-effective. Ultimately, ghostwriters are cost-effective for businesses. In most cases, you’ll simply hire them as 1099 independent contractors. That means you’re off the hook for employer-provided benefits and simply pay the writer for the work they produce.
As you can see, hiring a ghostwriter for your brand is one of the smartest marketing decisions you can make. With a steady stream of branded content and the cost-effectiveness of an independent contractor working for you, you’ll wonder how you ever did without one.
Have you ever used a ghostwriter? Why or why not? Let us know about your experiences in the comments.