Hello everyone! Sean here, with a quick tutorial on something I think is rather awesome. SEMrush recently added advanced keyword filtering to its software, and it's going to make EVERYONE's life easier. A whole lot easier. Let me show you why:
If you do a search for all the organic keywords from Zappos.com, you're presented with 263,783. That's a lot. What if we want to narrow that down just a bit? Well, now we can! SEMrush just put in a great new Filter feature. I'll show you how it works.
In either an organic or paid keywords search, when you're looking at the report for organic or paid, you'll see a new Filters button with search box. You can either enter a term in the search box and click the magnifying glass, which will filter for keywords containing this term; or, you can click the Filters button and see a whole host of options.
The Filters button gives you one filter to start, which defaults to Include Keyword Containing. Here, you can type in a keyword, or part of a word, and the list will be filtered to just keywords that contain this word. You can change Include to Exclude, and this will the the opposite. You can change Containing to Exactly matching, Begins with or Ends with. It's really flexible.
Then, just click Apply to view the results of the filter. However, the tool is far more extensable than that. Click on the + Add one more button to add more filters!
As you can see, you can combine many different filters to get exactly the keywords you're looking for. Then, you can export in just one click! This will save countless hours of going through lists of keywords, sorting them, erasing rows in Excel, and more. Do it all, right on SEMrush, and take the results away immediately!
Full list of filters available:
- Keyword - Containing, Exactly Matching, Begins with, or Ends with.
- Position - Equal, Greater than or Less than.
- Volume - Equal, Greater than or Less than.
- CPC - Equal, Greater than or Less than.
- URL - Containing, Exactly Matching, Begins with, or Ends with.
- Traffic % - Equal, Greater than or Less than.
- Costs % - Equal, Greater than or Less than.
- Competition score - Equal, Greater than or Less than.
- Number of results - Equal, Greater than or Less than.