Many online businesses suffer because their visitors often leave the website before making a purchase. Once they are gone, the chances of them returning are unlikely. For each potential customer lost, the online business loses a chunk of revenue which would have boosted their profits. There is a way in which you can ensure that such lost customers are directed back to your website and you get a second chance to close the sale. It is known as retargeting Google AdWords.
The process for retargeting Google is pretty much the same as used by marketers for targeting potential customers in the first place. The only difference is that the purpose is to reclaim lost sales and ensure businesses don’t lose out on customers. In a nutshell, retargeting AdWords involves:
- Using banner retargeting to target previous visitors to your website
- Creating a list of visitors who have left without purchasing anything
- Deploying the ads across the Google Display Network
- Targeting the specific visitors with Google ad retargeting
While getting a lost visitor back to your website doesn’t guarantee a sale, it still improves your chances of increasing your revenue. Google AdWords retargeting could be the key to your online business’ success.
How Does Retargeting Work?
The main question marketers have about ad retargeting, how does it work, can be answered in a few simple steps.
- Select a new campaign in your AdWords account and create a remarketing list. You would have to choose a name for the list and describe the visitors it would have.
- Use AdWords to generate a retargeting remarketing code. Add this to your landing page. Keep in mind that you don’t have to put it on the conversion page.
- Go to the Network settings and use Display Network features to display your ads on only the websites that are covered in the description for your retargeting list.
- Create a new ad group and ads using a combination of text and images.
- Add the list you created to the audience for your campaign and you are all set.
This is how AdWords retargeting works. You don’t need to put in too much effort to get your campaign up and running and making sure you don’t lose out on any more potential customers.
Benefits of Retargeting
It may seem to you that a lot of work is involved in getting your retargeting campaign off the ground. To justify the effort you put in, here are some of the benefits of Google retargeting ads.
An Ever-Increasing Target Audience
One of the major advantages of using retargeting ads Google is that the number of websites on the Google Display Network keeps increasing. This means that your target audience keeps increasing. Just because you are using the ads for retargeting lost customers doesn’t mean you cannot use it to attract more customers.
The ads you place across the different websites increase the visibility for your own website and business. As you know, enhanced visibility is the key to attracting more visitors, and ultimately more customers. You can analyze which site is providing the best results and increase the number of ads you are using on it.
Perhaps the biggest benefit of using retargeting Google AdWords is that you can curate the target audience according to your needs and preferences. Since you can create the list according to your specifications, you can filter out any visitors who you are not interested in attracting at all. Targeting a curated audience ensures you can enjoy better conversions when the lost visitors are redirected to your website.
Unlike the traditional SEO and PPC campaigns, you don’t have to bid on the expensive keywords that much. The basic purpose is retargeting and for that you can use the Google bidding to find economically priced keywords you can use.
As you can see, there are a variety of benefits you can enjoy through Google AdWords retargeting. Combined with the simple steps you can follow to start your campaign, they make retargeting a worthwhile option for you. Now you know everything there is to know about retargeting with Google AdWords.
How SEMrush Can Help You
SEMrush is an effective tool for using in your retargeting campaign. It is one of the best resources for selecting the best keywords and tracking the progress of your campaign. This way, you ensure your campaign is successful and cost-effective at the same time. It is all the more reason for you to use Google AdWords retargeting.