Your online marketing campaign depends on the keywords you are using. Regardless of the method you are employing, you will need to incorporate high value and relevant keywords to get the ranking you are looking for. Else, your campaign will prove to be unsuccessful. Often webmasters don’t pay much attention to the keywords being used. They compile a list and keep using it for ages. Stagnant keywords can hurt your SEO or PPC campaign rather than giving it the boost it needs.
The reason for this is that they have no idea of what the best keywords for their campaign might be. For a non-SEO person, it is difficult to brainstorm and come up with a list of keywords to use. However, there is a simple way out of this predicament: keyword suggestion tools. A keyword suggestion tool is basically a platform you can use to find the right keywords according to the niche you are in. From businesses to bloggers, virtually anyone trying their hands at online marketing should use these tools.
The best thing about the tools is that they are often available free of cost. This means that you don’t have to pay anything for getting the keywords you can use to expand your current list to achieve better results. Since you have the option of getting a free keyword suggestion tool, there is no reason why you should not try it. SEMrush is one of the best tools for finding keywords for your campaign. Not only does this help with expanding your list of keywords but also organize it in the best way possible.
Still, there may be some webmasters and marketers apprehensive about expanding their current keyword lists. They might be more inclined towards making the most of the keywords they are already using than finding new ones to use. However, this way they could end up missing out on the benefits provided by a keyword suggestion tool.
Why Use Keyword Suggestion Tools
Here are some reasons why you should use a keyword suggestion tool.
- You can come across keywords that cost less than the ones you are using. Yet, at the same time, they may provide you a higher conversion rate. This is essential for improving the return on investment (ROI) you are generating from your campaign.
- Furthermore, you can find new keywords that have grown in relevance and importance over time. It is quite possible your competitors have no idea about these keywords. Using them in your campaign would give you a definite edge over the competition.
- You will get to understand how people search for your business. Sometimes, the keyword suggestions you are quite surprising in the sense that you might not have realized they could be used for finding your website. Hence, you may have been missing out on those keywords.
How to Expand Your List
Let’s say you have downloaded the suggestion tool and are ready to use it. It will show you a wide range of keywords you can add to your campaign. How will you select which ones to add to your list and which ones to discard? This is why you need to keep a few pointers in mind regarding expanding your keyword list by adding keywords.
- Focus on keywords which have low competition. Optimizing your campaign for these keywords is easier for you.
- Set aside the most expensive keywords. Even if you manage to get the results, the cost might not justify the effort you make.
- Immediately throw away keywords that have a low conversion rate.
You have to realize that the keyword suggestions you find will include keywords of all shapes and sizes. They would have different variables, for instance price, CPC, conversion, etc. So, there aren’t any definite criteria you can use for determining which keyword is the best one for you. It all comes down to how well you optimize your campaign according to the keywords you have used for expanding your current list.
At the end of the day, the tool would only provide suggestions. You are the one who has to decide whether or not you are going to use the keywords in your online marketing campaign.