Today, Google announced the expansion of its Product Listing Ads program. Shopping Campaigns is now available for all online merchants.
Shopping Campaigns has been in beta since October, and is a new way to structure Product Listing Ads in the AdWords login.
Google Shopping Campaigns overview
Google Shopping Campaigns let advertisers view more product information within AdWords with less involvement with the data feed, and an intuitive product group break-out structure.
Here are the major things you should know about Shopping Campaigns:
- New PLA structure based on product group layering from the all products group;
- New features, including benchmark CTR and bulk bid changes;
- Increased access to product information within AdWords, like product title; and
- Leveraged competitor data for advertisers using PLA competitive tools.
Get started with Shopping Campaigns
Before you get started on Google Shopping campaigns, understand how Shopping Campaigns work, and how they integrate with your existing Google campaign and data feed.
Here are useful resources for getting started with Shopping Campaigns:
- Google Shopping Campaign Tutorials [videos]
- Tuturial for Shopping Campaigns Setup [video]
- Shopping Campaign Best Practices
Google's announcement today mentions API support and a bid simulator as upcoming features, which will also be included in Shopping Campaigns. Although no longer in beta, I would anticipate Google will continue to update Shopping Campaigns based on advertiser feedback and increased functionality.
Mary Weinstein is the Director of Content at CPC Strategy. Mary is an e-commerce nerd and an expert in paid search, Google Shopping, content marketing and all things online marketing. You can reach out to Mary on Twitter.