After two quiet weeks, SEMrush public deploys are back! In this weeks installment of "I'm in Love with a Tool," I'll show off our new Sitewide Links filters, new PDF reports for Position Tracking and some enhancements to our Video Advertising section. I'll also talk about upcoming Position Tracking maintenance this weekend as well as how the changing landscape of Google SERPs is affecting our Position Tracker.
- Sitewide Links [Backlinks]: We've added a filter and indicator for Sitewide Links. When analyzing a domains backlinks you may notice that some source URLs contain a link for that domain on every page of their site. Instead of showing duplicates with on page-level variations, we've condensed those down and added a Sitewide links flag. You can also filter by this to show only Sitewide source links. You can read more about Sitewide links in this news article or watch the video above!
- PDF Reports now available for Competitors Discovery [Position Tracking]: After numerous requests, the new version of our Competitors Discovery Report, located in the Position Tracker, now allows you to export to PDF. Currently, the competitor map will not be included in the PDF but it's coming very very soon. You can read more about the new competitors discovery PDF report here.
- Further Video Advertising enhancements: Video Advertising data snapshots are now available in both our general Domain Overview and Keyword Overview reports, making it even easier for you to find and access data about your competitors YouTube advertising strategies.
SEMrush Health - ALERT! Position Tracking Maintenance!
- From Saturday, September 26th to Sunday the 27th, one of our Position Tracking servers will undergo maintenance. We anticipate that only 10% of campaigns will suffer a delay in updating from Sunday into Monday. If you're amongst the 10%, we apologize for the inconvenience.
- The fairly recent update to Google's local pack results has finally caught up with SEMrush. Users may have experienced drops in visibility due to the fact that Google condensed their local pack from 7 results to 3 across most browsers (with the exception of Opera for now). They've also removed the domain name from the result which lends to lower visibility in our SERP tracker. But, we've figured out how to combat that. Unfortunately, there's no way to combat 3 results instead of 7 so we must move on!
- The Audience Report in our SMM tool went down for a period of 24 hours but is now back up and running.
Come See us Next Week at SMX East 2015!
From September 28-30, 2015 in New York City, our Senior Customer Success Manager and all-around Product Guru/Advocate Josh Pack will be attending the big event. So, stop by a take a selfie with him. Well, is it still a selfie if it's two people? Maybe an "Us"ie, I don't know. Either way, he'll be happy to see ya.
Let us know how we're doing — You can reach our Technical Support team Monday through Friday from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. EST by phone at 855-814-4510 within the United States and, for our international users, 408-844-4633 from 4 a.m.-12 p.m. GMT. We're also available by email at email@example.com during both of those business hours and on Twitter using the hashtag #SEMrushCare.