Last week, Google announced a new extension type called callouts. And as a big fan of sitelinks since their inception, I was really excited to see this.
Before you think, “Oh no, something else for me to do and keep up with,” consider the benefits of using them.
And why should you use them? Here are 10 important reasons they should be another part of your campaign strategy.
10 Reasons to Use AdWords Callout Extensions
1. Callouts can target your customers with specific details regarding a target or service. For example, “free shipping” or “chat now.”
2. Callouts show up above other ad extensions, so they appear right after the description. Below is an example of where the call out would appear in the ad:
3. They add another line of text for your ad, and can make your ad stand out even more among your competition.
4. You can point out what is different or unique about your business.
5. They are a great tool to promote last-minute offers.
6. Gives your ad more real estate on the SERPs.
7. You can use callouts with all of your other extensions.
8. They factor into Ad Rank — 'nuff said.
9. They can create effective ads in conjunction with sitelinks.
10. The more information you can provide a potential customer about your product or service, the better the chance they will purchase from you.
Because callouts can also display with sitelinks, it may require you to rethink your extension strategy a bit. What you currently have as sitelinks might be better as callouts; so, develop a plan of what you want to use for callouts, and determine other relevant landing pages for sitelinks.
Your callouts should be very focused in nature. Keep in mind callouts can be added at the account, campaign and ad group level. So, use more general callouts at the higher level, and more product specific callouts at the ad group level.
Any comments? Let us know below. And in the meantime, get those callouts out there today!