How did you find your way into digital marketing? Along with our podcast host Peter Starr Northrop, I recently spoke with Justin Emig, Director of Search Marketing at Web Talent Marketing. Justin revealed his unconventional foray into branding, why he prefers to work for a boutique agency and how his offline marketing experience helps him succeed in the digital world.
- How Justin approached a marketing job for a country club in 2005, integrating digital marketing to grow membership and revenue.
- Where you can get stuck advancing your digital marketing career.
- How to uncover the terms prospective customers use to find the products or services you and or clients sell.
- How Justin encompassed and embraced failure and success as well as online and offline marketing.
- What to look for if you're considering hiring (or working for) an agency.
- Automation versus intuitive and influenced marketing.
- How to measure brand awareness (the million dollar question).
Have you narrowed your job focus to make sure you have the career you want? That's what Justin did, using his experiences as an agency client to become a success as an integral member of an agency.
Do you have questions for our guest? Please leave them in the comments and we'll follow up.
Tara M. Clapper is Technical Editor at SEMrush and Senior Editor at The Geek Initiative, a website celebrating women in geek culture. Connect with her on LinkedIn and Twitter and view her writing portfolio.