You may have noticed there's a new product offering listed in SEMrush's dashboard today. We are proud to announce we're adding Product Listing Ads Research (PLA) to our already robust competitive intelligence toolset.
PLA data will be integrated into the tool in phases. The first part of this rollout is the PLA Positions Report. If you carry more than 500 different products on your e-commerce site, our PLA tool will be an invaluable competitive research tool for use in researching PLA strategy for your Google Shopping Campaigns.
To illustrate the features that are included in the PLA Research Tool, we'll start by entering Walmart.com into the Search Field.
- PLA Search
- Paid Search
- Product Listing Ads Positions
Let's take a closer look at each of these datasets and what information they offer you.
The PLA Search field returns two types of data. Those of you familiar with our Advertising Research reports will recognize this data.
- The number of keywords for the targeted domain that are associated with Product Listing Ads as well as the level of growth or decline of that number over time represented by a percentage
- The number of ads for the targeted domain that are associated with the above keywords as well as the level of growth or decline of that number over time represented by a percentage
- PLA Search also generates a line graph illustrating the growth or decline of these two results over a user-defined period of time.
The Paid Search results include three key data points. Those who are familiar with our Advertising Research reports will recognize this data and how it is organized.
- The total number of keywords that the domain has bid upon in AdWords as well as the level of growth or decline of that number over time represented by a percentage
- The traffic for the domain as a result of Pay Per Click (PPC) ads as well as the level of growth or decline of that number over time represented by a percentage
- The estimated cost to acquire that traffic as well as the level of growth or decline of that number over time represented by a percentage
Product Listing Ads Positions
The Product Listing Ads Positions Report shows you the PLAs associated with the given domain, viewable and sortable by multiple criteria:
- Ad: You can view a sample PLA for the highlighted keyword, including the product image, price, vendor and anchor text.
- Keyword: The keyword that triggers the PLA.
- Position: The position in which the domain's PLA is found in paid search with the highlighted keyword during the targeted timeframe.
- URL: The landing page upon which the promoted items are presented.
- Product Title: The title displayed in the PLA.
- Price: The price of the product in U.S. Dollars.
- Trend: The number of search queries for the highlighted keyword over the past 12 months illustrated in a bar graph.
- SERP source: A snapshot of the SERPs page for the keyword in question.
- Last update: The time when the search data for that keyword was last updated.
You can sort this data any way you like and even export it into an easily digestible spreadsheet.
More to Come!
The PLA Positions Report is only the first of many planned updates to this new and exciting tool. Please contact us with any issues you experience with the tool and we, as always, welcome your informed feedback on how to better implement or serve up this data.
SEMrush is always on the cutting-edge of competitive intelligence offerings for digital marketing and we can't wait to show you what else we've got up our sleeves.
Currently, PLA data are open to all of our customers to give everyone an opportunity to try out the new functionality. But, this is only for a limited time. In a short while, PLA data will only be accessible to those who have a Guru-level plan or higher.
If you're not already on our Guru-level plan, don't wait until you're caught out in the dark. Upgrade now.