Start Ranking Now, Inc. CEO Nicole Munoz joined SEMrush as special guest for a webinar, “Inbound Marketing: The New SEO Lifestyle.” Nicole responded to some additional questions about inbound marketing, e-mail marketing and personalized content.
Question: What will change in 2015, and can you name five quick wins for inbound marketers in 2015?
Answer: Increase in personalized content and behavioral targeting.
Five quick wins:
- Know who you are selling to. Know your buyer persona.
- Design your site to guide the user. If you don’t know what action you want them to take, they won’t know either.
- More offers = more leads. Always be filling the top of the funnel.
- Create a system to follow up with your leads automatically.
- Always be publishing. How often should I blog? How often do you want traffic to your site? If you want daily traffic, you should be blogging daily.
Q: Will market segmentation improve or become easier in 2015?
A: Market segmentation will continue to improve. Infusionsoft has been a market leader for some time giving email marketers the ability to segment their lists. HubSpot and others have taken it a step further and not only allow for different content to be shown to different person types but also to dynamically insert what they call “smart content” into the emails to further personalize each end users experience.
Q: What new formats or types of media will be most popular in 2015?
A: Podcasting and video will continue to grow. Curated content is also on the rise. With so much content to consume and filter, there will be a greater demand for tools or services that will share the best information for a topic or industry.
Q: Will email remain the primary sales channel for e-commerce?
A: With the increased difficulty to rank in the search engines, email is becoming more and more important for e-commerce. E-commerce owners should also get their products on Amazon and other channels if not already there.
View Nicole's portion of the panel below or click through to listen to the entire panel discussion.