Can your business get results with Snapchat? There's a lot of buzz about it and – and some concern regarding the future of the social media platform thanks to new video-centric moves from Facebook and Instagram. For businesses who choose to embrace the ephemeral nature of Snapchat, it can pay off.
Here's how three separate businesses harnessed the power of Snapchat.
Snapchat Storyteller Austin Iuliano: Uses Snapchat to Build Audiences Quickly
"Snapchat has become the number one source of new business and clients," Iuliano reports. "I have used snapchat to drive over 2,000 unique hits to dscience.co and Snapchatmastery.com. Snapchat has netted me over $6,000 in a 30 day period in direct sales and another $3,000 in opportunities."
What's the secret to this success? Iuliano reports that Snapchat helps build relationships with viewers quickly. He also asserts that key influencers respond in a timely manner on this platform.
He focuses on three main metrics:
- Number of views: How many people watch your snap
- Percentage of completed views: Viewers who watched the entire snap
- Engagement rate: How many people capture screenshots or reply to your CTA (call to action)
Here are the results of Iuliano's methods:
Snapchatmastery.com in Google Analytics: Snapchat spike
Dscience.co in Google Analytics: Snapchat spike
Sam Williamson: Ace WorkGear UK Harnesses Pokemon GO on Snapchat
"We're not huge Snapchat users but we do love Pokemon, so we started taking Snapchats of areas near our location which are populated by Pokemon and ended up attracting over 150 people! We then held a gathering at our office with snacks and drinks which went down very well," Ace's Sam Williamson explains. "It was a great stunt for us and we're still seeing benefits from it, as we've generated a few leads since the event."
Here's the snap they posted to encourage people to stop by.
Snapchat post from Ace WorkGear UK
Spencer Barrett, Great Lakes Collection Offers Custom Snap Filters and Exclusives
Snapchat fans get an inside look at Great Lakes thanks to the business' Snapchat marketing strategy.
Great Lakes' Geofilters and Results on Snapchat
Great Lakes Co-Founder Spencer Barrett describes their three-pronged approach to snapchat success. The strategy involves:
- Custom filters for events, reaching over 22,000 views for $35 at a recent event. With custom filters, Barrett explains, you can view Snapchat analytics that show how many times the filter is viewed.
- Behind the scenes views allow Great Lakes to look "personable and seem like just another friend," Barrett says. The brand loyalty this generates really pays off long term.
- Limited time offers and flash sales go directly to Great Lakes' fans on Snapchat, increasing impulse purchases. Barrett reports a recent 15% discount targeted at loyal fans. The discount was used over 50 times with a 12% conversion rate.
Snapchat gives users the ability to embrace ephemerality and live in the moment, making it ideal for flash sales and resulting impulse buys.
Have you had success with marketing on Snapchat? What do your Snapchat struggles and reservations look like? Leave a comment for discussion.