We did it!
Thanks to you, our valued contributors and readers, the SEMrush blog has reached 1000 blog posts; a milestone nearly three years in the making.
Continue reading for some personal memories of running the blog and our 25 most popular blog posts.
I was hired to run the SEMrush blog back in September 2013.
The blog was founded in November the previous year. Updated sporadically, it was now my job to make sure it was populated with new content every day, Monday through Friday.
My predecessor left the company the same day I started. So, with a couple days' head start, I immersed myself in the world of SEO. I began cold-pitching writers and industry figures, slowly building a stable of repeat writers. I'm happy to say we've never missed a weekday (holidays included) where the blog was not updated with fresh material.
Then (top, Oct. 2013) and now (bottom, Mar. 2015): the blog has undergone a few cosmetic changes
A year and a half later, the blog has more than tripled in sessions. Users have quadrupled.
We've featured hundreds of writers. Our team of developers, and social media and marketing professionals have played a huge part in improving the quality, design and promotion of the blog. Recent accomplishments include being named an SEO blog "you should be reading in 2015" by Inc. Magazine and unveiling a new mobile-friendly design.
Here are the top 25 most-visited blog posts over the last two years and nine months.
The Top 25 SEMrush Blog Posts
*Note: posts date back to 2013 and may contain out-of-date information
- 7 Modern Marketing Frameworks Every Startup Needs to Know
- Google Authorship Is Gone: How Do You Establish Authority Now?
- How Much Does a Keyword Cost? Check Keyword Prices before Launching AdWords Campaign
- SEO Checklist: 13 Quick Wins for Any Website
- The SEO-Friendly Way to Migrate a Website from HTTP to HTTPS for Free
- Curation is The New Creation: 5 Tools to Make You a Thought Leader
- How to Use Excel to Create a Keyword Strategy
- 6 Ways To Uncover Profitable Long Tail Keywords
- How Shifting Your Focus to Revenue Generation Will Make SEO & Social Worthwhile
- How to Use Google Analytics to Craft Content
- Are Parallax and Infinite Scrolling Hurting Your SEO?
- Semantic SEO: More Answers, Less Clicks
- Traffic-Shaping: The Optimization Growth Hack No One’s Talking About
- One Killer Content Marketing Trick: Use Old Content in a New Way
- 25 Awesome Tools for Social Media Success
- So You Think You Can Write? Tips from Editors
- 10 Local Link Building Strategies For Small Business
- URL Shorteners: How They Differ and Why They Matter
- How to Do a Basic Local SEO Audit in 30 Minutes or Less
- 4 Simple Tips to Reduce Bounce Rate
- RDSA: A Powerful New Google AdWords Campaign
- Understanding Schema for Search
- Infographic: What Inc. 5000 Companies Spend On AdWords
- How Ditching Traditional Link Building Got Us More Traffic
- 13 Easy Ways to Build Links
A huge and heartfelt thank you goes out to all of you who have helped make the SEMrush blog possible! It's been an incredible opportunity to manage this space.
As always, feel free to leave a comment or reach out if you'd like to submit a post. There's never been a more exciting time to appear on the SEMrush blog!