A podcast and theme week would hardly be complete without a podcast on podcasting. I ask webinar host, educator and actor Peter Starr Northrop all about podcasting best practices in our latest SearchCast episode.
We discuss the basics of how to start your own podcast, including:
- How you can use your previous work experience to help you podcast successfully
- Where you should host and publish a podcast
- The scope of your podcast: should you stick to your niche?
- Podcast promotion
- Harnessing your existing audience and community
- Public speaking tips
- Recommended podcasting equipment
Tara M. Clapper is Technical Editor at SEMrush and Senior Editor at The Geek Initiative, a website celebrating women in geek culture. Connect with her on LinkedIn and Twitter and view her writing portfolio.
Peter Starr Northtrop is the SEMrush webinar and podcast producer.