Did you ever stop to think about the importance of the content you publish online? It is the bridge that you build between your company and the audience that you are trying to reach.
Sometimes, by refusing to hire a professional who can guide your content creation strategy (or by welcoming the wrong people on board), you can make it increasingly difficult for yourself and the rest of your team to lift your brand off the ground and support its growth.
On the other hand, professional, creative writing in your content brings you a mix of essentials that can help you increase brand awareness, redefine your position in your industry, attract a more diverse clientele and fill your pockets. This unique mix includes a sharper pen, a clearer voice, a compelling writing style and the highest level of expertise.
Attract more clients, bring in more visitors, and make more income when you get the best-fit writing solution for your branded content.
Small Niches, Bigger Needs: One Size Doesn’t Always Fit All
According to an article published by Hubspot, some of the best content creators are driven by the same values and goals, regardless of the particularities of the market that they operate on. They are goal-oriented, rely on multiple tools and resources to get the job done, have a fantastic attention to detail, think like an experienced educator and somehow manage to reinvent themselves without letting the ink dry up in their pens.
Nonetheless, this doesn’t mean that all world-class content creators are suitable candidates who would do an equally good job at managing your content flow. How can you spot the best one?
The answer is simple: analyze the nature of your business and find a specialist who has been operating in your sector for quite some time now.
- If you’re a provider of computer software and hardware, you will need a tech expert who could expand on your computer-related topic.
- If you’re a provider of medical services, you should turn to an MD or any other kind of medical specialist who has the certification, training and experience required to be perceived as a high-authority, credible source by your readers.
- If you’re a provider of cosmetic products, you should focus on finding a writer who is familiar with the current realities of the skin care industry; find the specialist who could craft meaningful marketing messages around the goods that you provide.
The key is to choose a writer who writes with a voice that speaks to your audience. A passionate computer guy will never talk like a skin care specialist. At the same time, an aesthetician could seldom provide useful guidance enabling a do-it-yourselfer to choose the best parts for his computer.
You get the point: at the end of the day, you should strive to meet knowledgeable content creators who are active in your industry; these professionals understand the particularities and necessities of your public and do the best job at conveying your marketing messages.
3 Content Writer Profiles That You Should Take into Consideration
Now that you know just how important it is to hire a writer who is familiar with the mechanism of the industry that you operate in, you might be wondering: how do I choose the best candidate for this job? To simplify your selection process, we have come up with a set of attributes and skills that could turn an industry expert into the savior that your business needs to overcome any type of obstacles and record a harmonious, long-term growth. Here are three categories of writers that you desperately need in your (business) life.
- A Professional with a Different Angle. It’s always difficult to reinvent the wheel these days, when we get the distinctive impression that everything has already been done before (at least once). All providers of toothpicks respond to the same needs and demand. How do you make your product, brand or service stand out, when you have nothing new to say about yourself? You hire an expert and let him handle this challenge.
If you are tired of ideas and concepts that have already been beaten to death on different blogs and websites, you may want to count on an experienced writer with an original approach, who will give you the perfect opportunity to discover and raise your own voice.
- A Writer Who Speaks SEO. Why pay a writer to create your content and hire another one to edit and optimize it for search engines when you can simply collaborate with a writer who understands and applies the latest Google-friendly optimization tactics to help your pages rank higher in search engine results?
Let’s put it this way: whether you’re selling pre-owned clothes and accessories or multimillion dollar homes, you need to keep your business on the first pages in Yahoo, Google and Bing to stay relevant in your industry. The right set of search engine optimization tactics will ensure your privileged position in search results, keeping you one step ahead of your competitors. Therefore, opt for a SEO-savvy writer and invest in premium copy that will be loved by both readers and search engines.
- A Writer Who Knows a Thing or Two about Social and Search Hacks. In an article published by Content Marketing Institute, Andy Crestodina from Orbit Media reveals just how important it really is to count on a real professional who has what it takes to craft content designed to drive traffic and reinvigorate sales.
Basically, you need someone knowledgeable who can explain your mission, vision and purpose in business, as well as the features and benefits of your products using plain, everyday language. At the same time, that special someone who’s in charge of your content creation should be savvy and persuasive enough to add a few calls to action to every single content piece that he signs in order to make your readers act in a certain manner (buy your products, subscribe to your newsletter, fill out a form and so on).
In short, regardless of the particularities of your niche and the message that you’re trying to send to your audience, a writer with above average social and search skills will help you craft, publish and promote your content in the most effective manner.
Four Reasons Why You Should Invest in Professional Content Creation
Why should you feel even remotely tempted to step aside and let a professional writer become the main communicator that your company needs to interact with its prospects, partners and other secondary audiences?
In an older blog post entitled “3 Great Reasons to Outsource Your Technical Writing,” we introduced the main benefits associated with a continuous collaboration with an industry expert who can become your content creator. Generally speaking, this type of partnership would allow you to profit from the following advantages:
- Invaluable Expertise. Who could tell you more about the chemical reaction between water and cement than an experienced chemist? In this case, if you’re distributing an innovative product with numerous applications in the construction industry, chances are that you will need more than expertise and skills that a general knowledge writer can bring to the table.
- Flexibility and Professionalism. When you’re dealing with a reputable industry expert, prompt, professional and flexible services are usually a part of the deal.
- A Deeper Connection with Your Audience. An industry expert will always make the most of his contacts and expertise to take your company a step up. On the other hand, due to his previous experiences and uninterrupted contact with a certain field of activity, an industry expert will always know how to expand on certain topics of interest, how to choose the right subjects and how to interact with your audiences in an optimal manner, to boost your level of credibility and trust and help you increase your number of followers, fans, prospects and clients.
- An Uninterrupted Content Flow. Writer’s block, lack of time and chaotic resource management are only a few of the factors that can impact the rate of speed of your content creation and distribution. On the other hand, by outsourcing your writing you can profit from a constant content flow and invest more time and energy in the core of your business.
Stop Wasting Your Words: Let an Expert Handle Your Content Creation
At the end of the day, you would never let an inexperienced mechanic fix your car and you would probably ignore a bunch of random tips on how to improve your general state of health, provided by a person who has no real ties with the medical field.
In this context, why would you even consider the possibility of letting an amateur represent your company?
Choose the best content creator based on your niche, unique goals, approach and targeted audience and make the most of compelling, user-oriented professional grade writing that will make a difference for your company.