How many digital applications do you use each day?
I'm not always an early adopter and I try to unplug a bit on the weekends. Even on one of my least connected days, I found myself accessing apps that made my life easier – and made it possible for me to spend less time with a phone in my hand once I was done getting the right information.
The apps I accessed on that particular Sunday:
- Facebook Messenger: To participate in a group discussion about meeting up for a movie.
- Fandango: To pre-order movie tickets for "Ant-Man" during its opening weekend.
- GrubHub: To order food in before the movie.
- Facebook: To check in before the movie – some more friends were also there and we met up before the show.
- MapQuest: To find the fastest route to the theater location.
That's five separate apps just to order takeout and meet up with friends for a movie. It didn't seem like extra work, though – each use of apps was for convenience (and accessed on my mobile phone). Even when we're not constantly staring at our phones or computers, digital applications have become integral aspects of our lives.
This week, we'll take a look at how this technology affects us, new innovations and what types of apps get the best results.
Welcome to App Week on the SEMrush Blog!
How many apps do you use each day? Tally up your number and post your results in the comments!
Tara M. Clapper is Technical Editor at SEMrush and Senior Editor at The Geek Initiative, a website celebrating women in geek culture. Connect with her on LinkedIn and Twitter and view her writing portfolio.