Culture & Communications Director
WHO WE ARE
SEMrush is an all-in-one digital marketing software suite designed and united by one mission — to make online competition fair and transparent with equal opportunities for everyone. After our start in 2008, creating trailblazing experiments and constant progress, we've grown into the world's leading competitive research service for online marketing. SEMrush is still loyal to the fundamental values that got us to where we are now — adapting to change over following a strict plan and always placing individuals over processes.
The HR Culture & Communications Director will lead, facilitate and improve communication among employees, the Human Resource department, and executive leadership, to ensure that employees are familiar with the organization's values, mission, goals, policies, and expectations. This individual has a global mindset and experience with internal and external corporate communications, including corporate reputation and employee engagement. They have a high level of comfort interacting, building trust, and persuading key stakeholders, including internal contacts, media, and other influencers, community organizations, and professional associations. Further, this individual understands the strategic value in using data and insights to tell a story and building evidence through communications for the company’s People Strategy, company culture/values, employee experience, learning, and other key topics supporting SEMrush as an employer of choice within the markets that we operate. This individual will lead the team that tells the story of the SEMrush culture, it’s history, and future evolution while optimizing how SEMrush most effectively communicates internally across units, divisions, borders, and language groups.
Performance Objectives & Responsibilities:
- Serve as the liaison and spokesperson for the human resource team, providing collaborative guidance and advice on integrated communication strategies to amplify our culture, build employee morale, productivity, retention, and policy compliance.
- Develop relationship strategies and concepts and implement them with internal employees to gain positive coverage for the company. Develop corporate messages. Oversee training programs and presentation and/or communications skills training for leaders and deliver training workshops. Partner with HR Brand and PR teams to assist in the management of negative stories and publicity to minimize negative impact to the company’s brand and reputation.
- Lead and manage HR sponsored corporate events, initiatives and PR programs.
- Supervise employee communications for the company, including intranet and internal news channels. Oversee quarterly meetings for employees, CEO town halls, HR communications, Intranet content development, and employee campaigns locations.
- Take the lead in the research, development, drafting, publication, and distribution of the employee handbook; conduct informational meetings, training sessions, and other communication forums to explain and discuss human resource policies.
- Communicate initiatives and deadlines to employees in a variety of print, digital, and interpersonal ways; tasks may include creating and publishing company newsletters, calendars, blogs and Intranet posts, and hosting meetings.
- Draft and distribute reference materials such as open enrollment materials, goal and performance review initiatives, and summaries of perks and benefits.
- Implement, conduct, facilitate, and/or analyze results of employee morale and retention initiatives such as incentive programs, stay interviews, career development meetings, employee surveys, and exit interviews.
- Provide guidance and coaching to managers, supervisors, senior leaders, and the HR department on communication strategies; assists with challenges such as low morale, high turnover, absenteeism, layoffs, and other difficult conversations.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, developments, and best practices in employee retention, morale, recognition, productivity, and incentives.
- Collaborate with HRBPs, operations and facilities managers to coordinate the company’s responses to internal and external events that might result in press inquiries, or community relations matters.
- Promote and attend special events and functions; promote and report on corporate milestones and activities such as company goals and projects; new products or services; community service activities; and new hires, promotions, and retirements.
- Ensure the company’s diversity, equity and inclusion priorities are represented in HR and company communications.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills for Success:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Communications, Journalism, or related field preferred.
- 10+ years prior experience in a communications role required with coaching, counseling, or leadership experience highly desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, counseling, and coaching skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A growth mindset with the willingness to learn and develop professionally
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Experience working across the Americas, European and Eastern European markets
- Ability to travel (15-20%)
Medical, Dental and Vision Care
401(k) plan with company matching 50% of employee’s contributions for the first 6% of salary (available after the first 90 days of employment)
Short Term & Long Term Disability
Some additional perks that SEMrush has to offer:
Flexible work hours
FREE snacks and drinks
Monthly onsite and offsite corporate event
It is the policy of SEMrush to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or medical condition including medical characteristics, genetic identity, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.