Why do you need to connect these services?
While Google Ads alone has lots of helpful metrics and analysis of your ads, by connecting it to your Google Analytics, you can unlock more information about user behavior on your landing pages.
What metrics do you get from these accounts?
From Google Ads alone, you can see the following metrics about your ads and landing pages:
- Average CPC
Some of the additional metrics you’ll see from Google Analytics about your landing pages include:
- % New sessions
- New users
- Bounce rate
- Average session duration
- And more!
How to connect:
To link your Google Ads and Google Analytics accounts,
- Log in to Google Analytics
- Open Admin settings from the bottom of the left hand menu
- Make sure you are viewing the property that you want to connect
- Select Google Ads Linking
The next screen will look something like this:
- Choose New Link Group. Then, your screen will look something like this:
- Select the Google Ads account that you want to link to this Analytics account
- Complete the necessary fields and hit the Link Accounts button
If you need to disconnect a link for any reason, you can delete the link under the Google Ads Linking settings page. This would allow you to link a new account if you accidentally linked the wrong account or to the wrong property.