Content marketing includes an overwhelming amount of tasks, from keyword and topic research to promoting your content on social media and placing it on external resources. This also means that your content team can get rather large and diverse. Working together to achieve optimal results requires team members to adjust.
Marketing Calendar will help you:
- Keep all projects, tasks, and activities in one place (no more switching between dozens of Excel files, drafts, and templates)
- Arrange a smooth and transparent workflow for a team of any size in any location
- Save time on gathering data for regular reports
How can this be done?
- Go to the Marketing Calendar and create a campaign or several campaigns if you develop content for different projects/channels. Mark campaigns with different colors for better differentiation.
- Add campaign activities (content that should be created and published). You can tag activities (e.g. “Blog articles”) to find and group them quicker or turn them into recurring ones.
- Set tasks within each activity (e.g. writing, design, promotion). You can also use this functionality to create checklists and assign different items to different team members.
- Each task can have a description (work statement), attachment (attach an SEO Content Template or an example of a similar well-performing content item) and comments (your ideas on how the task can be fulfilled the best way).
- Invite team members via email or a link. Assign tasks to your colleagues and track work progress by checking the status of campaigns’ activities.
- Watch the history of each task to make correct and timely decisions in case of problems.
- To easily create new similar tasks you can use the "Copy" or "Set recurrence" features.
- If your task is ready, you can change the status to "Done" or "Requires approval", if you need approval from your manager.
- If you want to focus on your own tasks only, switch to the “My tasks" tab. If you want to track the whole team’s work, use the “Campaigns” and “Activities” tabs.
What to do next?
Once your workflow is properly organized and all activities have been allocated according to your team members’ responsibilities, you need to track results of your campaigns and move forward. Here are a few things you can do to build on success:
- Connect Google Analytics to see the correlation between your team’s efforts and campaign results and act accordingly.
- Share your calendar in "View only" mode with your senior or your customer to make regular reporting easier (this feature is available for Business plan users only).
- Create additional calendars for different content marketing channels or teams you collaborate with.