Brand mentions are not only the building blocks of your online reputation, but they can also be a source of free backlinks on reputable websites. Just find an unlinked mention and reach out to the website’s owner asking to add a link to it.
By using SEMrush tools, you can improve your outreach strategy and quickly find opportunities for link building and new marketing partnerships. Results of this process can include:
- Getting backlinks from trusted resources which means a better backlink profile and better brand reputation.
- Getting backlinks easier as website owners are familiar with your business and have already mentioned you.
- Increasing traffic if a link is placed on a popular website.
- Establishing communication with influential resources in your industry.
How can this be done?
- Create a project for your domain or use the existing one.
- Set up the Brand Monitoring Tool by entering all forms of your business name (including common mistakes, misspellings. etc.) to track mentions.
- Use the filters in the Mentions tab to exclude mentions with backlinks and negative mentions (only if you wish)*.
*You can also limit the number of languages you search mentions in case it’s required by the specifics of your business, location, or target audience.
- Prioritize the sources by traffic or estimated reach to pick the most reputable ones or go on with all sources.
- Send the chosen mentions to the Link Building Tool* and use the automated outreach functionalities of the latter (move the chosen links to In Progress tab and press Contact button to customize the email template) to contact the website’s owner and ask to add the link) or export the mentions and reach out to the resource owners manually.
You can only send mentions to the Link Building Tool if it’s set in your domain’s project.
To reach out to the website owner through the Link Building Tool you need to provide SEMrush access to your mailbox.