If you’re in the online advertising business, you know how important it is to always stay a step ahead of your competition. When running Display Ads, getting a return on your investment comes down to a number of factors such as the placement of your ads, the device your ad is shown on and the message you are choosing. Being able to have a deeper understanding of these factors can help in finding your niche and running successful campaigns. This is where Display Advertising is here to help.
With Display Advertising reports on SEMrush, you can gather competitive intelligence on your top competitors to inform your own media plan.
The user manual for this tool will cover the following:
- Display Advertising Overview report
- Analyzing a Competitor's Display Ads
- Recognizing the Top 30 Advertisers and Publishers
Who is it for?
- Enterprise companies and agencies
- PPC Specialists
- Google AdWords Display Advertisers
- Google AdSense Publishers
- DoubleClick Advertisers
What can you do with it?
- Pull a complete analysis of your competitors Google Display Network campaigns
- Analyze data on the desktop, tablet (apple and android), and mobile (apple and android) level to budget your strategy based on device
- See your competitor's usage of text, media, and HTML ads to compile a complete competitive analysis report
- Pull a report of all the publishers where a competitor’s display ads were found to get a deeper analysis of your competitor’s target audience
- See the countries where your competitor places display ads to determine if you should target more international audiences
- Study the biggest advertisers to gain a better understanding of how you can turn a profit as a publisher with Google AdSense
Why should you use Display Advertising research?
Advertising on the Internet will always be a battle of achieving the highest ROI. With a display advertising campaign, you can easily raise awareness of your brand to your target audience, this can be hugely beneficial in promoting any special of event that is only active for a short period of time (ie a conference or sales event). An optimized display advertising campaign can also help increase the conversations of your search campaigns when they are paired together.
Before setting a budget, you should be aware of what your ads will look like, as well as where they are going to be placed.
Do you know your top competitors? Enter them into this report and see if they have advertising campaigns with display ads or not. If SEMrush has data on them, then you know that they at least have a campaign running. This can help with your own ads as you can determine which strategies are effective and mimic them in your own campaign.
If a website has run an ad for a long time, you can infer that it is worth the money spent on advertising and helps their business. So study your competition’s longest running ads to learn what works best in your market.
By analyzing the data available in these reports, you will be fully informed to create your own winning strategy as an advertiser or a publisher.
Where is this tool found?
This tool is located in the Domain Analytics section of reports, above Traffic Analytics in the Navigation menu. It is also located in the advertising toolkit section of SEMrush which you can navigate to here.