Managing multiple PPC campaigns at once can get complicated. Between finding the right keywords, targeting, setting match types, and monitoring conversions, there is a lot of analysis needed to succeed. The PPC Keyword Tool makes the day to day work of PPC Specialists easier by simplifying the planning and set up process for PPC AdWords campaigns. With this tool users can organize keywords at the campaign and ad group level, quickly set negative keywords and export the campaign plan to seamlessly import into AdWords Editor.
The user manual for this tool will cover the setup process and available features that help your form successful campaigns. Jump ahead to any of the chapters below:
Who is it for?
- PPC Specialists
- Digital Advertisers
- Marketing Agencies
- E-Commerce Sites
How can you benefit from this tool?
- Create Google AdWords campaigns from the SEMrush Projects interface
- Use keyword research directly from our Keyword Magic Tool, Phrase Match report, or Related Keywords report for ad groups to find the best possible keywords for your campaign
- Import your competitor's Organic and Advertising keywords directly into your ad groups to try to steal their traffic
- Generate automatic cross-group negatives to fully optimize your ad groups and avoid ad poaching within a campaign
- Set match types for all your keywords to optimize the targeting of your ads
- Easily find duplicates of keywords that appear in a different order (ex. “womens hiking shoes” and “hiking shoes womens”)
- Import and edit your existing campaigns from an AdWords account
- Create new campaigns and ad groups with the click of a button to save time and stay organized
- Export your optimized campaign to a file that can upload directly to AdWords Editor
When should you use it?
- Before creating your campaign in Google AdWords. It will be easier for you to create your entire campaign plan in SEMrush, download your campaign and then upload the data to AdWords. Once your campaign is in AdWords, you can set your bids and begin tracking your conversions.
- Optimizing an existing campaign. If you already have your campaign running on AdWords, you can download your campaign information and upload it to our tool. Once your ad groups and keywords are in SEMrush, you can gather recommendations to see if your campaign has any duplicate keywords or issues. You can also find cross-group negatives in one click to eliminate any chances of your ads competing against each other. For a case study of how we used the tool to save on our budget and increase revenue, read this blog post.
Why should you use this tool?
Some of the most common mistakes PPC marketers make include bidding on keywords that are too competitive, failing to add negative keywords to a campaign, or being too broad with targeting. With the stress of managing multiple campaigns at once, it’s hard to be perfect with every campaign.
The interface of the PPC Keyword tool makes it easy to organize your keywords at the campaign and ad group level. Everything you plan out on SEMrush can be exported and uploaded seamlessly into your Adwords account. Similarly, you can import any existing campaigns you have on AdWords into the tool to manage both your new and existing campaigns in the same place.
After using the PPC Keyword Tool to structure your campaign, you can use the Ad Builder to research the competition and write ad copy.