Once you’ve completed your keyword research, you next need to identify if new content on a specific topic would be of benefit to your website. One of the ways to do this is to find out whether your competitor has any articles on this topic and check if you have similar content to compete.
For this workflow, our example seed keyword is “headphones” and the competitor is beatsbydre.com.
1. Type your seed keyword into Topic Research and you’ll see a dashboard with the most popular resources posting about related topics.
2. Type in your competitor’s domain to quickly identify if they have any content on a topic you’re interested in. The tool will highlight those content subtopics with green.
Using this feature, you can find out:
- What kind of content you currently need,
- What topics are covered better by your competition, and
- What topics are not covered at all.
It is a great source of ideas for your new post and a simple way to identify gaps in your content plan. New to our Topic Research? You are going to need this article.
Once you’ve found content gaps to target, you can use our streamlined process to write more SEO-friendly content.