Identify your PLA competitors with SEMrush data
To get a list of your PLA rivals, go to SEMrush → PLA Research → PLA Competitors, enter a domain into the SEMrush search bar, and click the Search button. You will see the following metrics:
- Domains of the requested domain’s PLA competitors (1).
- Competition level (2), which helps measure how high competition is with each domain. To calculate this, we take into account the number of PLA keywords of each domain as well as the number of common PLA keywords. The higher the number of common keywords, the higher the level of competition is between domains.
- Common keywords (3), which are search queries that trigger PLAs of given and requested domains to pop up in search results.
- PLA keywords (4), which are search queries that trigger a PLA advertiser’s product listing ads to appear in paid search results.
- Paid keywords (5), which are those search terms that cause a PLA advertiser’s AdWords text ads to show up in SERPs.
- Paid traffic (6), which is an estimate of the number of visitors that are coming to a competitor’s website through AdWords text ads.
- Paid traffic price (7), which is an estimate of a competitor’s budget spent on buying keywords via Google AdWords.