Tracking your campaigns and inbound traffic is not just a nice to have, it’s a need to survive! You need to know what’s working, what’s bombing, and use data from your analytics to justify your budget and resources, so that you can keep doing super smashing marketing wizardry. And keep your job/clients/friends.
What will you learn?
- How Google Analytics actually defines your marketing channels, and how you can make mistakes with the channel definitions
- How UTM tracking codes work, and common mistakes
- What you can do to fix your tracking problems (hurrah!)
- How to tinker with your settings and anything outside of Google’s default setup. (Spoiler, you need to do this, especially if you are doing paid social)
- Who gets the credit for your marketing? What is attribution and how to use it in Google Analytics
- You’ll get a free template that you can use, right now, and forever
Our speakers, Jill Quick & Aiden Carroll, both from The Coloring In Department will be leading the talk with a practical presentation, and taking your questions too. Jill & Aiden have taught over 65,000 marketers between them, so they know a thing or seven about what matters, and what doesn’t. This talk is part one of a series of three, on Google Analytics, delivered by the experts.
This is the second episode in the series(of 3). Check the first one.