Now on your website!
Wow‑Score is a universal, unbiased metric used by SEMrush for measuring reader engagement. It is calculated based on the correlation between users’ active reading time, their scrolling speed and the article’s length. Having tested its efficiency on the SEMrush blog for over a year, we now want you to take advantage of it.
Who is Wow‑Score for?
Wow‑Score is a godsend for content websites with a large pool of authors and experts publishing their content regularly. This metric is universal in that it helps editors shape their editorial policy and promote the most talented authors and the most engaging articles.
This Service is Now in Closed Beta
Soon, we are planning to make the Wow‑Score service available to all users. However, it is currently in closed beta and available to invited users only. If you own a content website getting over 300K visits per month, feel free to contact us at [email protected] and be the first to test the Wow‑Score!
1. WOW-SCORE SERVICE.
- 1.1. Definition. “Wow-Score Service” – a service that indicates the integral value of how engaged your website visitors are while reading content on your website.
2. ACCESS TO AND USE OF WOW-SCORE SERVICE.
- 2.1. User Representations. By using the Wow-Score Services, you represent and warrant that (a) all information you provide us is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; (c) you are at least 18 years of age and have the capacity and authority to enter into this agreement; and (d) your use of Wow-Score Service does not violate any applicable law or regulation.
2.2. Use of Wow-Score Service. To use the Wow-Score Service, you should download and install two (2) scripts on your website pages:
- 2.2.1. The first script sends information to the Wow-Score server on the speed and direction of page scrolling, reading time , article length , article publication date, article author and article title
- 2.2.2. The second script (widget) displays the final Wow-Score value to website users. The widget is designed as a number that pops out a brief description for the Wow-Score Service and a link to our Website when the user hovers a cursor over it.
- Both scripts mentioned above should be installed on all website pages that you want Wow-Score to calculate.
2.3. Acceptance. By using the Wow-Score Service, you agree:
- 2.3.2. to install the Wow-Score widget, which is an integral part of the Wow-Score Service, on your website page.
- 2.3.3. that SEMrush has the right to collect and process the anonymized data, collected via Wow-Score Service and use it for analytics, and specifically publicly distribute the analytical information containing the anonymized information. However, SEMrush does not permit any third party to access your website’s overall statistics.
2.4. Special Access and Testing. If you are invited or clearly provided with access to beta testing new tools and resources, which are not made available to our users broadly (“closed beta”), you should not rely on, nor expect, the continued availability of these new tools and resources. Any such access to beta test new tools and resources, if any, is conditioned upon your agreement not to disclose any information about these new tools and resources or your experience with using them to third parties. With regard to Wow-Score Service, SEMrush provides the right to use Wow-Score Service for free over the entire beta testing period, as specified in special offer to the User. After the beta testing phase is complete, SEMrush has the right to impose a fee for your using of the paid features of Wow-Score Service by giving you thirty (30) days advance notice.
After receiving the corresponding notice of the completion of the beta testing period, you may: (a) w ithout implications, stop using Wow-Score Service by uninstalling it from your website. ; (b) u se a free version of Wow-Score Service with limited functionalities ; (c) c hoose a suitable rate based on the traffic of your website.
2.5. Prohibited Uses. You are expressly prohibited from using the Wow-Score Service in any of the following ways or for any of the following purposes:
- 2.5.1. No Illegal Purpose. You may not use the Wow-Score Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose, including in any way that violates copyright or other applicable laws.
- 2.5.2. No Tampering. You may not use the Wow-Score Service in a way that is detrimental to the operation of the Wow-Score Service or the access or use of the Wow-Score Service by anyone else. You will not upload or transmit viruses, worms or any other destructive code. The restriction in this section applies to any use that interferes or attempts to interfere with the normal operations of the Wow-Score Service , including by hacking, deleting, augmenting or altering the Wow-Score Service.
- 2.5.3. Permission Required. You may not, without our prior written permission and, solely with respect to lease, resale and sublicense, except as may be specifically allowed by us in writing , (a) copy, distribute (including by framing any of the Wow-Score Service on any website), modify, enhance, translate, reproduce, sell, resell, sublicense, rent, lease, or otherwise attempt to exploit the Wow-Score Service or any data resulting therefrom; (b) decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to discover the source code; (c) make derivative works of the Wow-Score Service ; (d) remove, obscure, or alter any copyright notice, trademarks, or other proprietary rights notices affixed to or contained within or accessed in conjunction with or through the Website or Wow-Score Service ; (e) modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Wow-Score Service , SEMrush or any other SEMrush products or services; or (f) make the Website or Wow-Score Service or any part thereof available to others in a service undertaking or outsourcing arrangement or for any other commercial time-sharing, data processing or other third party use.
- 2.5.4. Automatic Inquiries. All automatic inquiries are prohibited.
3. FEES AND SETTLEMENT.
- 3.1. Service Fees. A fter the beta testing phase is complete, with respect to the paid Wow-Score Service, SEMrush has the right to impose a fee as set forth in the relevant notice from SEMrush ( the “Wow-Score Fees”). Wow-Score Fees, unless explicitly stated otherwise in writing by SEMrush, are exclusive of value added tax and any additional or other taxes, charges or duties which may be imposed in connection with any and all payments made or due hereunder and shall, if applicable, be borne, respectively registered and duly declared by User.
- 3.2. Promotional Giveaways. From time to time we may offer promotional giveaways of the Wow-Score Service, subject to the specific rules that we will announce at the time of any such promotional giveaway. Users shall bear sole responsibility for any and all income tax consequences that may result from their winning any such giveaway. Further, solely to the extent required by applicable laws, Users agree to submit to us duly completed tax forms, to enable us to make all required filings with tax authorities.
- 3.3. Change in Wow-Score Fees. We may change Wow-Score Fees and/or introduce new charges in addition to Wow-Score Fees in our sole discretion upon thirty (30) days’ prior written notice to the User. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may increase the Wow-Score Fees, immediately and with contemporaneous notice, in the event of (a) any change in the services or fees of our third party service providers; (b) changes in the Wow-Score Service which are made at your request; or (c) delays and/or other issues due to User failure to fulfill User obligations or due to User request to delay work for any reason.
We are always available to be reached by phone at +1 (855) 814-4510, or by e-mail at [email protected].
Last updated: August 20, 2018