INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information. SEMrush collects non-personally identifying information that your browser makes available whenever you visit a website. This information includes your Internet connection and hardware specs, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your query and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Personally Identifiable Information. In addition we collect your personal information such as your full name, credit card information, billing address, your email address, history of communication with SEMrush, history of payments, IP address, system information, your activities on the Website.
- Information Collection. To facilitate your use of the Service, SEMrush may automatically collect certain types of information when you access or use the Service, complete surveys, send and receive communications, perform search queries and marketing activities. In order to collect this data, SEMrush may utilize automated tools and files such as cookies and web beacons. These automated tools and files may reside on our servers or on your computer or device. If you restrict our ability to use automated tools and files, your ability to access and use all or part of the Service may be limited or disabled completely.
- Additionally and only upon your grant of respective permissions we may collect information from third party service providers.
USE OF INFORMATION
- Personally Identifiable Information. We use the personally identifiable user information that we collect to provide, maintain, protect and improve the current Services offerings, to develop new Services, to be able to tailor the Services to one’s specific needs if feasible, for convenience of users and communication with them, and as may be required by law.
- Disclosure to Third-Parties. SEMrush does not share your personal information with third parties or the public except as set forth herein. We may share your personal information with our third-party service providers, such as SMTP infrastructure providers, analytical services, payment processors, merchants, or resellers, performing services, which supplement our Services. These service providers may have access to personal information as needed to perform their functions. Third parties with whom we share your data currently include, but are not limited to, Salesforce, Google, OWOX, YouTube, Act-on, Mailchimp with Mandrill, Inspectlet, Adroll, Facebook and Twitter. We do not sell your personal information.
- Research. We may use and disclose to third parties information we collect in aggregated, non-personally identifiable form for research and informational purposes and to help us make sales, marketing and business decisions.
- Events and Webinars. SEMrush may share the names, email addresses and other details of users who register for some of our webinars and events, both online and offline, with the respective webinar speakers, announced special guests, our partners at the events, and others. We carefully select these persons and require them to use this information for the purposes related to the event (including webinars). We will try to label such events (including webinars) on the registration forms therefor, but if you affirmatively do not wish your name, email address or other details disclosed, please contact us before registering for any SEMrush event to confirm whether your personal information will be shared at the specific event that you are considering. You may not opt-out of sharing your information at an event where such information is shared. Your only recourse is not to register for an event which so shares information.
Special Circumstances. SEMrush will not
disclose your personally identifiable information except as
set forth in this Section 3, including in subsections (a)
through (d) below:
- when requested to do so by law enforcement agencies;
- when obliged to do so under US law;
- for the purpose of pursuing outstanding debts or liabilities; and
- when given permission to do so by you.
- Use of Information for Commercial Purposes. You may object to the use of your personal data for commercial purpose at any time.
- Password. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain Services or specific areas of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you do not share your password with anyone.
- Disclaimer. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us via the Internet; any such transmission is at your own risk.
- Security Measures. We work hard to protect SEMrush and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- Limited Access to Information. We work hard to restrict access to personal information to SEMrush employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
- Be Aware. To prevent being a phishing website victim, always check domain details when you are providing your personal information. Please, be aware that if you suspect the website you are on is a fake site representing to be SEMrush or to provide the Services, contact us directly at [email protected].
- Controlling Your Personal Information. SEMrush may, from time to time, make available to users chat rooms, forums, message boards, and other interactive features. You should be aware that when you voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information (e.g. user name, e-mail address) via blog, forums, postings, profiles or other areas of the Website, that information, along with any substantive information disclosed in your communication, can be collected, correlated and used by third parties and may result in unsolicited messages from other posters or third parties. Such activities are beyond the control of SEMrush. Please do not post any personal information on the Website or in other areas that you expect to keep private.
COMPLIANCE AND COOPERATION WITH REGULATORY AUTHORITIES
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information relating to children. In the event that we learn that we have collected personally identifiable information from anyone under 18 years of age without prior parental consent, we will take steps to promptly delete such information. By providing your personal information to SEMrush, through the Service, you represent that you are at least 18 years of age or older.
INTERNATIONAL VISITORS AND USERS
The Website is hosted in the United States. If you are visiting from the other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States which does not have the same data protection laws as the other regions and by providing your personal data you consent to:
- The transfer of your personal data to the United States as indicated above.
NO ERROR-FREE PERFORMANCE
Last updated: August 29, 2016