To cancel your account, please send a cancellation request anytime to email@example.com or via the contact form. Please note that working hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST Monday through Friday in the US and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. GMT in the EU.
Be sure to provide us with the email address associated with the account. If you don't remember the email address you used to sign up, please provide the last four digits and type of the credit card used. Additionally, providing us with the billing amount and date will make it easier for us to process your request.
We will refund your money if a request is made within 7 days of your billing date. Your refund request will typically be processed within 10 days of receiving it. The refund for the net price of your claim will be processed through the same method as the original payment.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by email using the contact information above. After cancelling your subscription, you will still be able to access SEMrush on a free level account. There is also a 7 day grace period where we will save your Projects data in case the account is renewed within 7 days of the cancellation.
However, with a free account, your limits and access to certain tools and reports will be greatly reduced.
Having Second Thoughts?
If you couldn't find the features that you wanted to find or had trouble navigating the software, please read our How to Get Around article. You can also view an SEMrush 101 Walkthrough Video from our YouTube channel to become familiar with where most of the tool are.
If you aren't sure how to use our reports for your business needs, we suggest you try any of the following workflows (each of which can be done in twenty minutes or less) to gather beneficial research for your digital strategy:
How to find content gaps in your market
How to generate templates for writing new SEO content
How to monitor your brand’s online reputation
For more resources, feel free to check out some of our customer favorites from our YouTube channel and blog:
Find Content Gaps in Your Market
Need to assess your website’s place in the market and find content gaps to target with SEO? Follow this workflow to pinpoint exactly which keywords your competitors get traffic from that you may be missing.
- From the dashboard, go to Domain Analytics - Organic Research - Competitors report and enter your domain. This list will tell you your website’s top competitors on organic search results.
- Open a new tab so you can save your list of competitors
- In the new tab, go to the Keyword Gap tool and enter your domain alongside your top competitors
- Compare “All Keywords”
- Use Advanced Filters to look for keywords that your competitors rank on the first page (Position less than 11 filter) but your domain does not (Position greater than 10 filter)
- Add filters containing keywords relevant to your niche product or service (Example: Hotels)
- Continue to sort and filter your table to find your target keywords
- Export desired keywords with the Export Manager
- Bonus step: query your target keywords into the Related Keywords report and filter this report for Keyword Difficulty below 75. This shows you the most attainable related keywords to target with your marketing efforts
Generate Templates for Writing New SEO Content
Need help writing content to boost your website’s SEO? Use this workflow to find target keywords and create a content template.
- Go the Keyword Magic Tool and enter the seed keyword you want to target
- Analyze the table of related terms and select those with a Keyword Difficulty score below 75
- Open the SEO Content Template and enter the keywords selected from the Keyword Magic Tool
- Review the Content Template’s list of suggestions and use them to build your optimized page
Monitor your Online Reputation
Do you need help keeping track of all the reviews, tweets, and articles mentioning your company or brand on the Internet? Try running these Project tools to manage your presence online and across social media.
- Go to the Projects Dashboard and create a new project
- Set up Brand Monitoring and enter the branded terms or phrases to track
- Monitor your feed of brand mentions across the Internet on a daily basis
Follow Social Media Competitors
- Go to the Projects Dashboard and set up the Social Media Tracker
- Add your top competitors profiles to the campaign
- Follow the top content posted by your competition
- Measure how your social engagement stacks up to the competition
- See your competitor’s top mentions on Twitter
Start a Link Building Campaign
Need more links but don’t know where to start? SEMrush has a new tool built for the sole purpose of running outreach to build links. Follow this workflow to get your campaign going.
- Go to the Projects Dashboard and set up the Link Building Tool
- Enter up to 10 keywords that you want to improve your organic rankings for
- Start the tool and connect an email inbox that you will use for outreach. The tool will gather your potential link building opportunities and organize them in a field for you.
- Review your opportunities and reach out to the ones that are relevant to your website
- Monitor email responses and keep track of links from this interface
Build a PPC Campaign from Scratch
Do you need to run an advertising campaign that will outperform your competitors and NOT waste all of your money? Follow this workflow to create a campaign plan and write your ads.
- Use Advertising Research to study your competitors' advertising strategies
- Run the Keyword Magic Tool to find the best target keywords for you
- Go to Projects Dashboard and set up the PPC Keyword Tool
- Upload your list of keywords to a campaign
- Set your campaign’s location at the regional and city level
- Place your keywords into groups
- Generate cross-group negatives, remove duplicates and “clean” your keywords
8. Go back to your Projects Dashboard and start the Ad Builder
9. Research your competition’s ads and use them as templates to write your ad copy
10. Export your campaign and upload to Google AdWords Editor
Track your Target Keywords and Discover your Biggest Competitors
Do you need to follow the top keywords in your strategy and see who’s ranking for these keywords on a daily basis? Our Position Tracking tool makes it easy to track organic and paid keywords rankings. Follow this workflow:
- Go to the Projects Dashboard and set up Position Tracking
- Add your target keywords and set your location to start the tool
- Navigate to the Competitors Discovery tab and monitor the domains that appear in this report over time
Now that you know a little bit more about what the software has to offer, we hope that you will stay with us and grow your online business!
Was this article helpful? Please let us know in the widget below. If you still have questions that need answering, please don’t hesitate to:
- Get in touch with us via phone or email
- Search your question in the knowledge base search bar
- Tell us your question in the “was this article helpful?” feedback form below