Notes highlight significant dates in graphs and charts in certain SEMrush tools and reports. SEMrush automatically adds notes for Google updates and SEMrush database updates that could have an effect on rankings. Users also have the ability to add and edit their own notes. They can be found on graphs in the Advertising Research Positions report, Organic Research Positions report, Backlinks reports, SEMrush Sensor, and Position Tracking. Position Tracking notes can be added to a specific campaign and will not show up with your general notes in Organic or Advertising research reports. General notes can also be found at the bottom of the Dashboard.
There are several different types of notes you’ll see in SEMrush.
- Google organic algorithm updates (depicted by the “G” Google icon)
- Google paid algorithm updates (depicted by the “G” Google icon)
- Unconfirmed Google updates (these are hidden by default)
- SEMrush updates (depicted by red diamond)
- My Notes (user generated and depicted by red diamond)
- SEMrush Sensor (depicted by red diamond)