What is the difference between SEMrush Traffic Analytics and Google Analytics? Question
The central difference between our service and Google Analytics is that Google Analytics is an internal service for studying your own website, while SEMrush is an external service for studying another company’s’ website.
Since you can’t get into another site’s internal statistics, we offer the next best thing.
How SEMrush Traffic Analytics gathers data:
SEMrush Traffic Analytics is based on petabytes of clickstream data that comes from multiple proprietary and 3rd party data sources, SEMrush’s proprietary AI and machine learning algorithms and Big Data technologies.
The data is accumulated and approximated from the user behavior of over 200 million real internet users and over a hundred different apps and browser extensions. We offer our "estimated accuracy" metric at the top of the report so you can gauge how accurate the reported numbers are.
How Google Analytics gathers data:
If you only want to analyze your own website traffic without comparing it with others, we recommend to refer to your own Google Analytics.
SEMrush is intended for market research and competitive analysis - you’ll never get to look inside the Google Analytics of your top competitors, partners, media outlets or prospects - but our tools and reports offer the closest look you can get.
All numbers in SEMrush Traffic Analytics are perfectly comparable, meaning you can match two or more websites in the tool and see how their metrics differ from each other in %.
- What is the difference between Traffic Analytics and Domain Analytics?
- Why is there no data in Traffic Analytics for the website I entered?
- How to Export Traffic Analytics data to Google Sheets using API
- How to Create a Custom Traffic Analytics PDF Report
- What’s the difference? Position Tracking Landing Pages vs. Traffic Analytics Top Pages
- Traffic Analytics Overview Report
- Traffic Analytics Audience Overlap Report
- Traffic Analytics Traffic Sources Report
- Traffic Analytics Top Pages Report
- Traffic Analytics Geographic Distribution Report
- Traffic Analytics Destination Sites Report
- Traffic Analytics Subdomains Report
- Traffic Analytics Bulk Analysis