Why are only a few of my website’s pages being crawled?
If you’ve noticed that only 4-6 pages of your website are being crawled (your home page, sitemaps URLs and robots.txt), most likely this is because our bot couldn’t find outgoing internal links on your Homepage. Below you will find possible reasons for this issue.
Our crawler could have been blocked on some pages in the website’s robots.txt or by noindex/nofollow tags. You can check if this is the case in your Crawled pages report:
You can inspect your Robots.txt for any disallow commands that would prevent crawlers like ours from accessing your website.
If you see the following code on the main page of a website, it tells us that we’re not allowed to index/follow links on it and our access is blocked. Or, a page containing at least one of the two: "nofollow", "none", will lead to a crawling error.
<meta name="robots" content="noindex, nofollow">
You will find more information about these errors in our troubleshooting article.
The limit for other pages of your website is 2MB. In case a page has too large HTML size, you will see the following error:
- What Issues Can Site Audit Identify?
- How many pages can I crawl in a Site Audit?
- How long does it take to crawl a website? It appears that my audit is stuck.
- How do I audit a subdomain?
- Can I manage the automatic Site Audit re-run schedule?
- Can I set up a custom re-crawl schedule?
- How is Site Health Score calculated in the Site Audit tool?
- How Does Site Audit Select Pages to Analyze for Core Web Vitals?
- How do you collect data to measure Core Web Vitals in Site Audit?
- Why is there a difference between GSC and Semrush Core Web Vitals data?
- Why are only a few of my website’s pages being crawled?
- Why do working pages on my website appear as broken?
- Why can’t I find URLs from the Audit report on my website?
- Why does Semrush say I have duplicate content?
- Why does Semrush say I have an incorrect certificate?
- What are unoptimized anchors and how does Site Audit identify them?
- What do the Structured Data Markup Items in Site Audit Mean?
- Can I stop a current Site Audit crawl?
- How to Disable JS Rendering and Inspect a Page
- Configuring Site Audit
- Troubleshooting Site Audit
- Site Audit Overview Report
- Site Audit Thematic Reports
- Reviewing Your Site Audit Issues
- Site Audit Crawled Pages Report
- Site Audit Statistics
- Compare Crawls and Progress
- Exporting Site Audit Results
- How to Optimize your Site Audit Crawl Speed
- How To Integrate Site Audit with Zapier
- JS Impact Report