Why is there a difference between GSC and Semrush Core Web Vitals data?Question
You may notice a difference in Core Web Vitals values reported in Google Search Console (GSC) and our Site Audit report. The difference exists because these two reports have different data collection methods.
GSC Core Web Vitals data comes from the CrUX report. This report collects anonymized field data based on actual users.
The primary tool that we use in our Site Audit for Core Web Vitals data collection is Google Lighthouse. Google Lighthouse is an automated, open-source program that can measure Core Web Vitals in a lab environment with a simulated load of a page.
Field data is affected by different devices and network conditions, while lab data is collected in a fixed environment. This is why it is not unusual to see the difference in values.
The Lab environment is best for assessing your optimization efforts when you are in a process of improving your website performance (since you do not need to wait for the gathering of field data). And if Site Audit metrics are improving, GSC Core Web Vitals metrics should improve as well.
- How is Site Health Score calculated in the Site Audit tool?
- Why does Semrush say I have duplicate content?
- How many pages can I crawl in a Site Audit?
- How do I audit a subdomain?
- What Issues Can Site Audit Identify?
- Why does Semrush say I have an incorrect certificate?
- What are unoptimized anchors and how does Site Audit identify them?
- What do the Structured Data Markup Items in Site Audit Mean?
- Why do working pages on my website appear as broken?
- Can I change automatic Audit re-run schedule or stop it completely?
- Why are only a few of my website’s pages being crawled?
- Why can’t I find URLs from the Audit report on my website?
- How long does it take to crawl a website? It appears that my audit is stuck.
- How Does Site Audit Select Pages to Analyze for Core Web Vitals?
- Why is there a difference between GSC and Semrush Core Web Vitals data?
- Can I set up a custom re-crawl schedule?
- Configuring Site Audit
- Site Audit Overview Report
- Site Audit Thematic Reports
- Reviewing Your Site Audit Issues
- Site Audit Crawled Pages Report
- Site Audit Statistics
- Compare Crawls and Progress
- Troubleshooting Site Audit
- Exporting Site Audit Results
- How to Optimize your Site Audit Crawl Speed
- How To Integrate Site Audit with Zapier