The user manual covers how to use each report in this tool. Jump ahead to any of the chapters below:
- Configuring Position Tracking
- Overview Report
- Rankings Distribution
- Landing Pages
- Competitors Discovery
- Tracking Featured Snippets
- Tracking Multiple Locations
Who is it for?
- SEO Specialists
- Content Marketers
- Business Owners
How can you benefit from this tool?
- Track a website's search engine rankings in multiple locations (down to the city level) and multiple devices (mobile, desktop, tablet) in one project
- See all of the Local Pack rankings your website can be found in
- Compare your SEO performance with your local rivals, viewing up to 20 of them in one table
- Quickly identify all featured snippet opportunities for your website
- Customize the way you manage your keywords with our tag system
- Add custom notes throughout your campaign to stay organized
- Export the data and create clear PDF reports to present your results to your clients
Why should you use Position Tracking?
No matter what your SEO specialty is, you could do on-page SEO, write content, build links, or run technical audits, chances are you'll have to measure the impact of your work on the website's rankings. This is especially true if your website operates in a local space, since Google's results can change heavily depending on the geo location.
Plus, as the world of mobile search only continues to grow, you're likely seeing a lot of potential traffic coming from mobile users. In order to know where your website stands on mobile and local results, Position Tracking is a must.
As you conduct your campaign, you can use Position Tracking to see how your efforts translate into ranking changes and learn which pages get the most traffic from your target keywords. You’ll be able to identify your weakest pages that need improvement and monitor your competitor’s rankings all from the same place.
To help you keep up with SERP Features in your niche, Position Tracking will identify all of the unique SERP Features found on the SERPs for your keywords. We also offer a report that shows your website’s opportunities to go after Featured Snippets.
The daily updates and weekly email reports will make it easy for you to prioritize work as you try to reach your goals in a timely fashion. If you serve clients, SEMrush makes it easy to generate data exports and clean PDFs to report your progress directly to clients.
Another benefit of running a Position Tracking campaign is that historical data points can be seen for any added competitors going back to the date your project was initially created.
For example, let’s say we created a campaign on November 1, 2016, without adding any initial competitors. Then, on November 1, 2017, we add two of our competitors to the campaign. We will be able to see weekly data points on how those newly added competitors were ranking for the keywords in our project going all the way back to November 1, 2016. SEMrush can display daily data points for up to 60 days. After 60 days, the data will be saved as weekly data points.
With this data, you can keep watch over any trends and changes in the most important keywords in your market. The greater your perspective on the market, the more ready you'll be to beat out your competitors.