Why does the Backlink Analytics report show more backlinks than Backlink Audit?
It is not uncommon to see a different number of total backlinks displayed in Backlink Analytics and Backlink Audit for the same domain. The difference between these two numbers comes down to a couple of reasons:
- Limit of backlinks analyzed per domain: Backlink Audit is domain centric and only pulls up to 500 backlinks per referring domain, while Backlink Analytics can pull more than 500 backlinks from a single domain
- Historical backlink data: Backlink Audit retains data on links that were lost within the last 2 months, while Backlink Analytics can go back as far as 6 months to gather this data
- 301 redirects: Backlink Analytics is capable of detecting redirecting links while the Backlink Audit doesn’t have this functionality yet
- Integrations: Backlink Audit can integrate Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and Majestic accounts to analyze additional backlinks that our Backlinks Analytics bot didn’t find.
- How do I find my potentially dangerous anchor texts?
- What is a Target URL error?
- What is a Google Penalty?
- What do all of the Toxic Markers in Backlink Audit mean?
- What are Rel attributes?
- Why didn't Backlink Audit fetch all my backlinks and referring domains?